14 January, 2010

Verdict is In.. Kind of

So the votes are in. Ending as a tie, I was faced with a tough decision. Deodorant or dates. You know, I never have been a fan of making New Year’s Resolutions that you’re not going to stick to. People who pay for gym memberships at the New Year and then only work out 2 or 3 days, Quitting smoking until Martin Luther King Jr. day. Going to church the first 2 Sundays in January and then not showing up again until Christmas. It’s important to set goals that you’re going to stick to. And it’s important to set goals that are realistic.

Let’s be honest. I live in Somalia. Why would I even think that my theme for 2010 should be ‘Go on lots of dates with Gwen (or Jenn) in two thousand ten’? I put that in my final four? I don’t think I’ve come in contact with a person named Gwen or Jen since September 2009. I’ve not set myself up for success in a situation like that. Tina had some good thoughts with the fact that 2011 might be quite difficult to find common names to rhyme and have another shot next year, but that would be true if I was in the US. I just have to find where there are women with names that rhyme with eleven. And, as she said, the deodorant probably will be needed before the dates would come anyway, so I may be a year or so behind the times. In 2009 I should have smelled mighty fine, but it’s a little too late for that now.

I wish that bringing the mullet back again in twenty ten would’ve received more votes. The hair is long enough that I could pull it off even now, and then grow it out to an even fuller and sexier mullet, but the public has spoken (all 12 of you).

So, as I write this, I take my first step towards my theme for the year and am putting on deodorant for the first time in 2010. All I have to do is remember to keep doing that now and then. So if you’re looking for a present to get me for my birthday or maybe your birthday, or Christmas or Groundhog day, how about some of that sweet smelling stuff for under my arms. In the year 2010, Wear Deodorant now and then!

No comments: