22 May, 2007

Still Going

Well, here I thought I was holding things together as the one responsible for things getting done around here only to come back from R&R to find two churches that had just begun construction before leaving nearly done and a third that began the day I left only a couple weeks from finishing. That and two churches finished getting all the materials ready in preparation for a crew while I was gone as well. In the first 8 days after arriving, there were/are 3 church openings. Guess I’m not as important as I thought to the operations around here.

Seriously, though, I have been blessed beyond measure to work with the guys I do and it is exciting to be here at such an active time. There are two people from this base who have been with the project from the beginning and have laid a solid foundation for the work that is happening. Unfortunately for us, one of those guys is not renewing his contract this time and will not be around here in June. So, if anybody is interested in being a technical advisor to a massive church construction project, let me know.

I also get to work with a couple Kenyan engineers, one of which is unfortunately moving to a different site that needs him a bit more. They both have been busy running several crews and sites at once and have been incredibly patient with me when I haven’t had all the stuff they needed at the site to get the job done. The eagerness in helping to rebuild churches that they have and the desire to help the Body of Christ grow is encouraging. After being with Oliver from the beginning of building churches, it is quite a bit disappointing to know that he won’t be back here in Yei working, but it is good to know that he will be able to spread his joy and share the love of Christ in a different area.

I’ll have to try to keep updating about some of the others that have been my encouragement and support over the last three months and will continue.

No comments: