18 March, 2009

Missing

So it's been awhile since I last wrote anything. Yeah, there's a lot I could and should write about.



This will be brief, though.



I'm back in the States, and have been for a little over a week. I don't have plans for what I'm doing tomorrow or the day after that and so on. I'll be reflecting, processing, and seeking some divine guidance for the future.



But I thought right now I'd just update to share a few things I'm missing:

-Peeing outside

-Diversity

-Hot tea all the time

-Freshly picked fruit

-Picking my nose in public without people looking at me funny

-These guys

-Liz's freshly made mandazi

-Stopping and greeting people on the walk into town

-Warmer weather

-Seeing the colorful wraps covering ladies' curves and babies tied to their backs

-Hearing other languages

-Catching up with Edward, Simon, and the other Yei staff on a short stopover

-I'm actually missing asida and beans (and kisera)

-Seeing children playing soccer everywhere

-All my friends I've left

-Various other sights, smells, and feelings

The upside to being in the States:

-NCAA basketball. Yeah, I timed it well to return Championship Week. But March Madness will be all over April 6.

You were right, Mr. G. It won't take 7 or 10 days till I'll want to be back. But, I'm sorry that I won't be back quite that quickly. I guess we'll see how long I can really stay away, though.

2 comments:

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

Hope you are feeling better,it sounds like it.We have been praying for you.phylliso

crossn81 said...

Come up and give us a visit. There aren't many Sudanese around but I know one or two... and in some places around here you'll feel like you are in Africa!!

Glad you are safe.