08 November, 2008

R.I.P.

On October 7, 2008 my monkey, Zakayo died. I’m not sure what the direct cause was, but she wasn’t eating and went downhill for the entire week beforehand. Thinking maybe if she was free that she’d improve, I ended up untying her for the last 5 or 6 days, but there was no improvement. At least she was able to roam around a little bit for a few days I guess. I tried medicating it with some antibiotics I had a couple days before death, but I think it was too late to have much effect, and I don’t know if it really would’ve helped anyway. Zakayo was a point of interest for all the visitors we had to our base, so I’ll leave everyone with a few parting shots to remember her.


2 comments:

crossn81 said...

That's sad. Sorry to hear that.

Karen D said...

Jeffy... so glad to know thayt you're alive, sorry that Zakayo is dead! Kind of sad, we had a monkey named in Lui who we named after our fearless leader. It too fell sick, and we did massive life support measures, even gave it CPR and put in a IV but callas... so sorry, but I am CERTAIN someone somewhere in town will be more than happy to sell you a dik dik!