23 July, 2008

Mills Family Hunters

My cousin Andy and his hunting exploits here in Maridi (apparently Andy and I are the same person... I can't count how many times we've been confused for one another). Bush rat makes some tasty stew. Honestly.

He couldn't match our gatekeeper's abilities at getting our own monitour lizard



I gave him a hand. Once he had finished the hard work, of course.
And yes, in case you're wondering, we did eat this guy too. It reminded me of salmon, and it was a really nice meat that they cooked up with a peanut sauce. Yum! Yum!

2 comments:

Karen D said...

Mills... I miss you punk! I am gonna write I promise, I'm in backwoods Montana on my way to Nowery's wedding. I will write and give you the goods. Wish I were coming back but don't think it's gonna happen.

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

We finished up VBS at CFCOG & as I was out & about praying,I noticed your blog on the board.I promised myself when you & your friends were here in June that I would look you up,so I have finally.Time gets away from us sometimes.Just wanted to say you are all doing an awesome job there,take care,phylliso