09 April, 2008

April Fools

I've been on a bit of a hiatus from blogging. I've got a few experiences I should have updated about over the past month, but have not. Unfortunately, I've been hooked on Prison Break. When I lived in Anderson with my buddy Nick, he got me interested in the show and I saw several episodes from the first season. After that, though, I never really got a chance to watch more. Then, over Christmas when I was in Nairobi following the elections and limited in ability to move about, I saw the complete first season of the show. I got my hands on the second season a little over 2 weeks ago, and over the last 2 weeks I spent most of my free time watching the 22 episodes of season two (I have also played a good bit of volleyball at a local court with some of the free time also), and so I've allowed communication to slip quite a bit.

But, other than recommending the show Prison Break as an on the edge of your seat thriller (maybe it really is good, maybe I've just been in Sudan too long...), I thought I should inform everyone who's interested of my compliance with the wishes of the voters on the blog. Although I wanted to use the excuse of not having 20 votes as a reason why I didn't have to shave off my moustache, with 11 out of 13 votes being in favor of shaving completely, even had 7 more people voted, it would have been impossible for anything else to win in the voting. So, although I'm not posting any pictures of the new look, I have shaved all my facial hair. It has been a bit odd after having the moustache since December of 2006 to go clean, but I'm getting used to it again. I'm not sure how long I will last, though.

I don't know that I can even end with a nice Joe Dirt quote without any facial hair. Instead, I'll leave you with a word from Michael Scott: "Society teaches us that having feelings and crying is bad and wrong. Well, that's baloney, because grief isn't wrong. There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown."

2 comments:

crossn81 said...

glad you could post again!! Prison Break Season 3 was pretty good... i hope they don't make a season 4 - don't get me wrong I still waited anxiously for each episode, but you can only replay plot twists so many times (look what has happened with 24, my all time favorite!)

Mr. Atkinson said...

Old Roomie!

hey bud. I hope you are doing well! Lindsay and I will be praying for you! If you like prison break you should check out 24!

- Tank