04 August, 2007

Aversion to Polls

Ok, ESPN.com is one of my favorite websites. While I am a sports fan, possibly the biggest joy I get out of going to the site is often because they always have a poll on the side of their website. Plus, at some of the various individual sport main pages, they will have various additional polls. For some reason, I love voting on polls. I like comparing my votes to others and putting my input into various questions I have an opinion about. And while Page 2 of ESPN usually provides some good reading, I almost always vote in a poll while there are many times I only read the titles of the articles on Page 2. Of course, whenever March Madness is going on, I'm definitely going to be checking how I'm doing in the tourney challenge.

So, I've noticed that only 10 people voted in my poll that I started last week. And two of those people work with me here in Sudan (in fact I think they each voted two or three times). While I am considering that maybe I'm odd in my fascination with polls, I'd imagine at least a few more people would be interested in voting. Unfortunately, I've also considered that it is likely there aren't many people who find my blog interesting and so they don't come to the site and thereby don't have the opportunity to vote. The poll is one way that I will try to keep the information on this blog interesting, but if you have any other suggestions, please feel free to comment and tell me.

I am leaving in just a few hours on an overnight bus to Dar es Salaam and will be catching a ferry from there to Zanzibar where I will spend a little time. So, I hope that you are all enjoying yourselves as much as me this week. My poll this week will be related to this journey. And, for those of you intersted in last weeks answer, I accidentally had a trick question there. At first I thought it was between one and two months, but then when I was trying to track back to the last time I had actually used soap or shampoo, I realized it was probably right about the two month mark. So, if you voted early, it may have been in the one to two month range, but it is likely that it was actually the over two month answer that was correct. Well, keep on keeping on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

do you get a lot of phone numbers over there?? and what do you do when you get them? aren't you a believer in "hate what is *****; cling to what is good" (Rom. 12:9 WHV)?

Unknown said...

sorry, i guess you can't answer my question before you get your poll working :) i vote 2, just in case i miss the opening of the poll.