30 April, 2008

Mzee

I now look like a young man of 28.

That’s what our head cook told me in his broken English (which is a lot better now than it was when I first came to Sudan in February of 2007) when I first donned the clean-shaven look. Apparently, with the beard and moustache, Levy thought I appeared to be 42 years old. Glad to know that I now only look 28. Wow. 42!

I hope that I haven’t aged that much in the last year. I used to always be told that I look younger than my actual age, but suddenly it’s a couple years older. I guess I’ve just gotten a lot of life experience in the last couple of years and am maturing. If I start acting 42 years old, someone please hit me really, really hard and tell me to stop it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you don't know me but I've kept your blog cause I thought it to be interesting. I saw that you were one of the guys pictured with Phil. Anyways, I've seen you with your interesting mustache. You should put up the pictures of where you are clean shaven for all of us to see.